Iris earrings with art glass beads and phosphosiderite
If you like purple — bright, see-it-across-the-room purple — these earrings are for you. The purple teardrop beads are phosphosiderite, an uncommon gemstone from South America. The color is natural, and it’s stunning with these art glass beads with swirls of vivid purple and green. Topping the gemstone beads are sterling silver cones with a scalloped edge and an intricate pattern of dots, oxidized to highlight the details.
One important note: These earrings have a substantial weight. Each earring weighs 6 grams, just under 1/4 ounce. For your comfort, you should be accustomed to wearing heavy earrings.
- Art glass beads by Astrid Boyce
- Sterling French hook earwires
- All other metal components are sterling silver
- Silver cones have been oxidized to highlight the pattern — do not shine with a treated polishing cloth
- Length from top of earwire: 2 3/4 inches