To keep your jewelry looking its best, please follow these recommendations:
- Don’t wear jewelry while sleeping, showering, bathing, or swimming.
- Don’t wear jewelry while doing gardening, cleaning, or other strenuous tasks.
- Protect jewelry from scratches, drops and sharp blows, and extreme temperatures.
- Protect jewelry from chemicals — this includes perfumes, lotions, hair products, and other toiletries. Jewelry may also be affected by perspiration, so wipe it gently with a soft cloth after wearing.
- Jewelry from this shop is not intended for use by children under 14.
- Don’t store jewelry in direct sunlight or near heat sources such as candles and heating vents.
- Store each item separately from other jewelry.
- Some metals, including silver and bronze, can tarnish when exposed. To minimize tarnish, store jewelry in a resealable bag. However, pearls and opals need to “breathe,” so if your jewelry contains these materials, store it in a fabric pouch. The appropriate type of storage bag will be included with each item purchased, along with an anti-tarnish tab.
- I don’t recommend any commercial or homemade cleaning solutions or devices. Gentle polishing with a soft cloth should be sufficient to restore the shine to your jewelry.
- Untreated cloths are safest. If your jewelry is heavily tarnished, you can try a treated cloth such as Sunshine brand, but use caution. These cloths can be abrasive, and they should not be used on jewelry components that have been oxidized to highlight the detail of a shape or pattern.