Meara Byzantine maille earrings in silver with blue art glass beads
Chain maille is an ancient art form, best known for its use in medieval armor. While it still has practical uses, it’s now popular for jewelry. Weaves can be simple or complex, traditional or modern.
The Byzantine weave is popular for chains, but shorter lengths make pretty earrings. In these earrings, sterling silver segments of Byzantine are paired with art glass beads that shimmer with iridescent blue and green.
- Art glass beads by Amber Ballard
- Sterling silver chain maille rings
- Sterling silver French hook earwires
- All other metal components are sterling silver
- Length from top of earwire: 2 1/2 inches
- Bead diameter: 1/2 inch